Sunday, September 20, 2009

Jesse Tree: Ruth & Boaz Ornament

Another one done.
I found some dried grain stalks at JoAnn's on clearance the other day and made this "sheaf of wheat". We'll use it as the ornament for our Jesse Tree devotional on Ruth and Boaz. It symbolizes God's provision: Ruth gleaned barley from Boaz's fields to provide for herself and her mother-in-law, Naomi. God also provided for them both when Boaz married Ruth and they had a son.
I'm so excited about our Jesse Tree this year and the cooler wheather is reminding me that I need to finish up with these ornaments. Christmas will be here before we know it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You've inspired me. I just bought the book!

Denise said...

Hi I just found your blog tonight. I have never done a Jesse Tree but wanted to this year. I have seen kits where you color your ornaments and seen books too. Are you making all of your ornaments? I will have to look at your previous posts to see if you have done others. Love the wheat stalks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin