Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Easy Infant Headband

Our baby girl is growing so quickly. It amazes me. Why does it seem faster with each child? Hopefully my incessant picture taking will help me capture all of these fleeting moments of infanthood.

Anyways, baby girl was blessed with some hair straight off the bat but not enough to don any clips or bows. I hadn't stocked her wardrobe with infant-sized headbands so I was looking for an easy and inexpensive way to accessorize her cute little punkin head. Tights did the trick! They stretch, they're soft, they don't fray, and they come in a variety of colors....perfect!

So for a couple bucks I bought a pair of brown tights and started snipping away. I made a dozen little brown headbands for her with just one leg of the tights. I figure it'd be good to have several since they'll stretch over time with use.

I've just been clipping on some of the cute hair clips she received as gifts.
Adorable.

4 comments:

The Grays said...

great idea! love it!

abtastic said...

Love your blog, such creative and cute ideas!

Lea and Valerie Bailes said...

THIS is my kind of crafting ;)

upnorth said...

love this idea, I have told several people at work to check out your blog for lots of ideas, thanks for checking out mine! Earlene @ mimiskitchen52.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin