Sunday, May 9, 2010

Baby Wardrobe Revamp: Ruffle Bottom Onesie

I went through the boys' baby clothes recently and pulled out everything that was somewhat gender neutral for baby girl to wear. Most of what I gathered up were plain white or yellow onesies. I thought it'd be fun to girly them up a bit. This onesie is one of the first I've made.
It's a newborn size Gerber onesie. I used this tutorial to add organza ruffles to the bottom and a little flower to the front. It took less than an hour start to finish and I used scraps from my stash for the whole thing. I love projects that are quick and don't require a trip to the fabric store. No sense spending a fortune on cute outfits when they're that little - they outgrow them so quickly.
For the flower, I used some of the organza ruffles and gathered two small strips of pink bias tape. I sewed a little pearl bead in the middle. I think it turned out really cute and will be adorable in her newborn photos with that little ruffly bottom.

2 comments:

The Grays said...

SO cute! Can't wait for your little girl to get here!

Here are a couple more DIY girl things from one of my fav blogs that you could add to your neutral clothes:
http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2010/03/10/diy-bib-onesie-v1-0/

http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2009/10/09/diy-felt-flower-headband/

http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2009/06/04/diy-ruffle-butt-onesies-pillow/

Lea and Valerie Bailes said...

TOOOO Cute! I'm not surprised!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin