Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Scales are Shifting

We found out last night that we're having a baby GIRL! We're so thankful for a healthy baby and are really excited to add a little girl to our family. Now I won't be quite so outnumbered! And talk about changing gears. It's hard imagining a little baby girl growing in my tummy after two boys. I think it'll take a while to get used to it but I couldn't be more thrilled. I'm looking forward to making a ton of girlie {or is it girly?} stuff: baby legs, bows, pink blankets, dresses. Yay!

As for the gender reveal, we went with our original dessert plan. But thanks for the suggestions - there were a lot of great ideas!

We just went to Chili's because we had the kids with us and were meeting the Good Doctor after work. We gave the manager an envelope with the gender results and ultrasound enclosed.

Here it is after we opened it later...
We decided regular molten chocolate for a girl and white molten chocolate for a boy. When the manager brought out the regular chocolate dessert we were so happy I think the Good Doctor hugged the guy. The waitstaff got pretty into it and even all signed a card {albeit a birthday card} congratulating us. The kids are really excited about having a baby sister but were initially more focused on gobbling down the dessert than celebrating their sister.It was such a fun way to find out and I'm glad we waited until the evening to celebrate together.

13 comments:

The Alexanders said...

Oooh baby legs--I haven't tried those yet so you'll have to share the tutorial on that one! Because the real ones are way too expensive! I'm so excited for you I'm about to bust into the sewing room and sew that baby girl something pink!!!

Dirk & Christina Dunlap said...

YAY! A GIRL! You of all people NEED a girl... you have to do the big bows like your mom did :) So excited for you guys! Daddy's little girl!

La Dolce Vita said...

Congrats, how fun!

Jennifer said...

How exciting, I almost jumped out of my skin when the ultrasound told us that we were having a girl after two boys. I'm so thrilled for you, what fun.
theprairiegirl.com

krummama said...

Yeah, I am so excited that you will get to experiance a little girl! Pretty in Pink :)

The Grays said...

YAY!!!! a girl...i'm so excited for you!!! that is such a fun way that you guys found out. love it! can't wait to meet that baby girl!

Rebecca said...

CONGRATS! So glad you'll have a girl! We're THRILLED for you. Baby legs are great for potty training, and great for covering eczema skin to prevent scratching (i used them on the baby's arms and legs). And they become a cool fashion piece when they're toddlers.

Heather said...

Welcome to the club! It is a special club! I pray she loves her babies and dollhouse as much as her nerf dart guns and star wars lego sets ;) So thrilled for you guys - tell the Dr. congrats from all of us!

Bradi said...

OH MY GOSH!!! A GIRL!!! So excited for you guys!!!!! Can't wait to chat with you!

Linda said...

Wow, what a cool idea! I'll be finding out what I'm having in about 10 days!

Lea and Valerie Bailes said...

It's going to tough buying something you won't make for baby girl smith :) yes, you CAN make just about all of those cutie girl fashion, but the question is will you have time?! Hmmm, the search is ON!

Kiki said...

I was so excited to read this idea, that our family is going to do the same! I'm pregnant with our fourth and we have all 3 boys! So, next Tuesday is our big dinner out! Thanks for the idea!

The Notetaker said...

Kiki - Have fun. I'd love to know how it goes and what you end up having!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin