Friday, October 16, 2009

Another Diaper Cake

Last weekend I threw a small baby shower for a friend that's expecting her second little boy. We decided to make it casual and have it at the Cheesecake Factory. No baby games, just hanging out and celebrating soon-to-arrive baby Noah.
I've posted before about how to make a simple diaper cake. Here's another quick idea for decorating a diaper cake. I used one of those Martha Stewart Crafts pipe cleaner kits I had found on clearance at Walmart.Noah's ark for baby Noah. I know, really original.


Anyways, I cut out the ark and one of the clouds from the diorama and assembled all of the pipe cleaner animals.

I wrapped both layers of the "cake" in blue cardstock and tied them with a bright, orange ribbon.I made a little taggie blanket that I tucked into the top layer. I wrote a message on the cloud and taped it to a toothpick to use as a topper.

For simple favors {I didn't have a ton of time}, I used cookie cutters to cut out bottle-shaped rice krispie treats.

1 comments:

Kimi said...

So cute. I've seen this before but not with all the added stuff. It really makes it a lot more adorable.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin